Sovereign Hill is huge. Let our bookings officers help you get the best educational value out of a visit to Sovereign Hill and the Gold Museum according to your interests and time.
A single entry fee gives you a whole day of activities and fun! We will help you develop a program tailored to your curriculum or area of study. Paid entry gets you a session with an Education Officer (see Education Sessions), and could include some or all of the following:
• Self-guided tour of the Red Hill Mine
• Gold smelting demonstration producing a $140,000 gold ingot
• Gold panning in the creek
• The Gold Museum
Pre booking is essential for all these activities
And much more if you have the time including
• The Chinese camp experience
• Demonstrations of wheelwrighting, confectionery making and traditional candlemaking
• Trades including a Blacksmith, Tinsmith and Metal Spinning
• Visits to cottages and shops for all walks of life
• Visiting the heritage steam engines and boilers
• The parade of Redcoats at 1.30pm
• and a variety of interpretive theatre telling stories of goldrush life and characters including the sensational Lola Montez, the Night Cart, a musket firing, the amazing Voltaic Battery, Licence Hunts and more (program subject to change - check the daily program in the Victoria Theatre foyer).